At an event held on the campus University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Hillary Clinton outlined her plan to prevent jihadist recruitment and radicalization. Her plan consists of five parts:
- Stop ISIS recruitment in the United States, especially online
- Prevent would-be jihadists from getting training overseas, and prevent foreign terrorists from coming to the United States
- Discover and disrupt terror plots before they can be carried out
- Support law enforcement officers
- Empower Muslim-American communities to fight radicalization
Clinton also called for a measure that would prevent people on the no-fly list from buying a gun. She said, “They’ll [Republicans] say that guns are a totally separate issue – nothing to do with terrorism. I have news for them. Terrorists use guns to kill Americans, and I think we should make it a lot harder for them to ever do that again.” Today’s proposals are in addition to her plans to defeat ISIS, which she laid out last month. A full video from Clinton’s speech is below and a transcript is available on The Briefing.
Tomorrow, Clinton will be joined by Warren Buffett in Omaha, Nebraska to discuss tax reform. For all the latest, follow our Scheduled Events page and follow Clinton on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.