Hillary for America released a statement on Thursday following a speech by Donald Trump in which he said that he “regrets” some comments that he has made. HFA Deputy Communications Director Christina Reynolds responded to Trump’s “apology” with the following statement:
“Donald Trump literally started his campaign by insulting people. He has continued to do so through each of the 428 days from then until now, without shame or regret. We learned tonight that his speechwriter and teleprompter knows he has much for which he should apologize. But that apology tonight is simply a well-written phrase until he tells us which of his many offensive, bullying and divisive comments he regrets—and changes his tune altogether.”
Need a Refresher on Who Trump Has Insulted?
- Here’s one, with 250 insults from Twitter: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?_r=0
- Another collection of some groups he’s insulted from last year: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/donald-trump-insults-groups-list/
- And another one from February: http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-donald-trump-insults-20160218-htmlstory.html
Donald Trump’s Past Record of Regret:
On attacking the Khans, a Gold Star family:
On assailing the ethics and motives of Judge Curiel:
- Asked if he regretted making his criticism of the judge personal, Trump said his side had been treated very unfairly.
On calling immigrants rapists:
On mocking a reporter with a disability:
- Trump denied he had mocked the reporter and demanded his own apology.
Update (8/20/2016): HFA has released a video to go along with their release.
News Source: CNN