On Monday, Hillary for America released a new “college calculator” that will show past students how Hillary Clinton’s plan will reduce what they owe, and the site also shows future students how they will benefit from proposed plan. A copy of the HFA release is below and be sure to check out the College Calculator.
Hillary for America released a ‘college calculator’ today for families and students to see how much they would save under her New College Compact, her debt-free college plan to ensure that cost is never a barrier for young people seeking to pursue their dreams of higher education and that debt won’t hold them back.
The calculator, also available in Spanish, will allow users to calculate how Clinton’s plan will provide relief from crushing debt as it allows all borrowers to refinance their student loans, and enroll in income-based repayment plans.
The calculator also will help families planning for college to determine the cost based on their annual household income, where they live, what type of college their student plans on attending, and understand when they can benefit from special programs in Hillary Clinton’s college plans. The special programs include those available for student-parents, veterans or those serving in active military duty, those who have served or are contemplating serving on AmeriCorps, and those students contemplating attending a Historically Black College or University, Hispanic Serving Institution or other Minority Serving Institution.
With too many families struggling with student debt, and tuition increasing by 40% over the last ten years at public college and universities, the situation has careened out of control. Hillary’s plan will help millions of Americans with their debt right now, and will make college debt-free for future generations. Meanwhile, Donald Trump has offered no solutions to make college more affordable, and his idea of higher education is Trump University – a fraudulent business that left hundreds of students in debt and without the skills they were promised they would obtain.
The college calculator helps students and families:
- Calculate their total savings under Hillary Clinton’s college affordability plans for the remaining length of time left on their student loans with their remaining loan balance.
- Understand how they can take advantage of her student loan refinancing plan in order to reduce their loan payments.
- Understand how they can benefit from income-based repayment plans to bring down their monthly loan payments to something more manageable.
- Understand the special savings available to those with student debt who choose to work in public service, become entrepreneurs or have served/decide to serve in AmeriCorps and highlights some of the steps that Hillary Clinton will take to protect and strengthen the educational benefits that veterans have earned through their service.
- Understand how based on what state they live in, what school they are planning on attending and their household income, the savings and benefits available to them under Hillary Clinton’s college plans.
- Understand the tuition savings they will get on a per-state basis and based on their household income if they choose to attend a 4-year in-state public university or a community college.
- Identify when students may be eligible to take advantage of Pell grants to use towards college-related costs.
- Take advantage of special debt-reduction benefits available to them if they choose to go to school out of state or attend a private university.
To access the calculator, go to www.hillaryclinton.com/calculator
News Source: The Washington Post